Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Best Invention I Never Came Up With

CLARIFICATION: Andy saw this post and said he thought I implied that we watch Baby Einstein all the time, which we don't. Sophie's probably seen it about five times. I was just remarking on its ability to captivate children of various ages and its profitability!

The Baby Einstein series has got to be the best invention since sliced bread. It's also a multi-million dollar company. How can such simple, low-budget videos entrance an entire generation? I don't know, but I'm glad it's here. Call it TV-as-a-babysitter, call it a substitute for interaction, call it mind-numbing if you want. It has its place (hopefully a small one) in a modern family. I salute you, Julie Clark.

No comments: