Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jeremiah 1:5

Some of you know Sophie's struggled with stomach issues lately. This seems to be due to an immature digestive system (GERD, for you medical types, although it hasn't been officially diagnosed), and is almost completely mitigated by elevating the head of her bed (thank goodness!). Saturday night, her mattress was damp from cleaning so she had to sleep on the floor. I didn't anticipate one night making her sick, but sure enough, it did.

She is always amazingly brave and strong when she is sick, and she is EXCELLENT at making it to the toilet or trashcan when necessary. It is enough to make me cry for her.

Early Sunday morning she was in bed with me struggling with her sickness. As I cuddled up to her, she sighed. "When I was just in heaven, I knew I wanted to be with you, Mama."

Wow. How am I so blessed?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So sweet! FYI - I've dealt with many GERD babies, and I don't know if you're aware or not, but there are comfy pillow wedges that you can get for those instances where she can't be in her elevated bed. They're AWESOME for sleepovers and such! :)