Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Compilations

In America, we have music compilations called things like "Totally Hits" or "Wow" or "Now That's What I Call Music". We are so boring.

Other countries have compilations with titles like this:

1. Australia: Songs For My Ute. Not sure if means "Songs For My Native American" or "Songs for My Gas-Guzzling SUV".

2. Australia: Housework Songs II - Spring Clean Edition

3. Germany: Flugzeuge Im Bau (translates "Airplanes in the building")

4. Germany: Wahnsinns Villa (tranlates to "Insanity Mansion" - I'm guessing "Crazy House" is more the intent here)

5. Germany: Black And Beautiful

6. South Africa: Hillbilly Opskop (does anyone know what Opskop means? I've googled it and can't find a definition, although it seems to be either "party" or "concert".)

7. UK: O Sister Where Art Thou

8. UK: Handbags

9. UK: Ultimate Smoochy Album

10. UK: Murder On The Dancefloor

And my personal favorite...

11. UK: Best Dance Album In The World Ever (Vol. 13)

(Incidentally, my employer has licensed tracks for use in each of these stellar releases.)

No comments: