In America, we have music compilations called things like "Totally Hits" or "Wow" or "Now That's What I Call Music". We are so boring.
Other countries have compilations with titles like this:
1. Australia: Songs For My Ute. Not sure if means "Songs For My Native American" or "Songs for My Gas-Guzzling SUV".
2. Australia: Housework Songs II - Spring Clean Edition
3. Germany: Flugzeuge Im Bau (translates "Airplanes in the building")
4. Germany: Wahnsinns Villa (tranlates to "Insanity Mansion" - I'm guessing "Crazy House" is more the intent here)
5. Germany: Black And Beautiful
6. South Africa: Hillbilly Opskop (does anyone know what Opskop means? I've googled it and can't find a definition, although it seems to be either "party" or "concert".)
7. UK: O Sister Where Art Thou
8. UK: Handbags
9. UK: Ultimate Smoochy Album
10. UK: Murder On The Dancefloor
And my personal favorite...
11. UK: Best Dance Album In The World Ever (Vol. 13)
(Incidentally, my employer has licensed tracks for use in each of these stellar releases.)
Fun at the Fair
4 years ago