Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 1, 2008

My Interpreter

I'm sure Will thinks he is being helpful.

Occasionally, Sophie stumps me and for the life of me I can't understand what she is trying to say. I usually understand everything but one or two vital words.

Sophie: I need to get my slurpee ballow! I need to get my slurpee ballow!

Mom: What, honey? You need to get what?

Sophie: I need to get my slurpee ballow!

Will (supremely confident, speaking to me as if I am either mentally slow or non-English speaking): MOM! She is saying She Needs To Get Her SLURPEE BALLOW!

Mom: What's a slurpee ballow? Do you know what that is?

Will (as if I am crazy, with "of course not!" intonation): No!

Great. Thanks, Sweetheart.

1 comment:

Dan and Kate plus Nate said...

Too funny! I laughed out loud! I CAN'T wait to see you guys! That picture of Sophie is seriously the cutest thing ever! She looks so old!