Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 9, 2008

You Know Who You Are - Even When I Don't

There are several of you who I talk to regularly, and who refuse to identify yourselves on the phone. It's OK, except that *you all sound the same*! So I spend the first ten seconds of each conversation trying to identify which mystery caller I am talking to.

The other night, I noticed the answering machine was blinking. I pressed the button and heard a familiar voice, "Hi guys, I was just calling to...(blah, blah, blah)". My eyes narrowed in irritation. "What is up with these people who don't identify themselves?!?" I ranted to myself.

That's when it hit me. The mystery caller was me. I had called from work to check on the kids.

I am one of you.

No comments: